What an exciting week. The Colorado Mammoth put up another 16 goals, this time Rochester was the victim, but the defense allowed 14. Defense needs to tighten up a bit or the offense will need to do this each week.
New England seems to have the key cog in Shawn Evans after posting a 17-7 victory over Vancouver. Lets see if it continues. Georgia outplays the Rock as Josh Sanderson is still on the PUP list. The Rochester Knighthawks have five new additions to active roster, four defensemen and a goalie. The Buffalo Bandits win their first game in the post- Tavares era. Calgary loses another very close game.
- (1) Saskatchewan Rush (1-0) Idle last week. Will open their home schedule as they face Vancouver (0-1) who lost 17-7 in their home opener. Next Game: vs Vancouver (0-1) Friday 8:30pm.
- (2) Colorado Mammoth (2-0) A nine goal second period helped the Mammoth overcome a 4-0 deficit as they post another 16 goals defeating Rochester 16-14. Adam Jones (4G/4A) and Callum Crawford (3G/5A) led the way. Next Game: vsBuffalo (1-0) Saturday 9pm.
- (8) New England BlackWolves (1-0) Led by Pat Saunders (4G/4A) and Shawn Evans (4G/2A) the BlackWolves defeated Vancouver 17-7. Defense was strong holding Vancouver scoreless the last 27:01, while scoring 8 straight goals. Double header weekend for New England. First Game: vs Calgary (0-2) Friday 7pm. Second Game: @ Georgia (1-1) Sunday 2:05
- (6) Buffalo Bandits (1-0) Defeated Calgary 10-9 in a fight to the finish. Dhane Smith (2G/3A) which included the game winner with 1:10 remaining was the difference. Solid goaltending by Anthony Cosmo stopping 41-50 shots. Next Game: @ Colorado (2-0) Saturday 9pm.
- (7) Georgia Swarm (1-1) After just falling short in week one, the Swarm gave their new fans something to cheer about as they defeated Toronto 12-7. In the last 40:51 the Swarm outscored Toronto 8-1. Randy Staats (3G/3A) and Johnny Powless (4G/1A) led the attack. Next Game: vs New England (1-0) Sunday 2:05pm.
- (4) Rochester Knighthawks (0-1) Fall to Colorado 16-14 in the home opener. Knighthawks never recovered from a nine goal second period, and being outscored 11-1 in 23:08. Dan Dawson (3G/2A), Cory Vitarelli (3G) and Cody Jamieson (2G/5A) led Rochester. Double header with Toronto (0-1). Thurs @ Toronto 7:05pm, Saturday @ home 7:30pm.
- (3) Toronto Rock (0-1) Fell 12-7 to the Swarm. Rock kept the game close until the final 23 minutes as Georgia outscored the Rock 7-1. Rob Hellyer (3G/2A), Stephan LeBlanc (2G/4A) led Toronto. Double header with Rochester (0-1). Thurs vs Rochester 7:05pm, Saturday @ Rochester 7:30pm.
- (5) Calgary Roughnecks (0-2) Another tough loss this time to Buffalo 10-9. The post Evans era starting off like 2015. Tyler Digby (3G/1A), Dane Dobbie (2G/5A) led Calgary. Defense playing well, allowing only 10 goals, but offense needs to capitalize more. Next Game: @ New England (1-0) Friday 7pm.
- (9) Vancouver Stealth (0-1) Fell to New England 17-7. Vancouver was in the game for the first 15 minutes as the game was tied 3-3. After that, New England outscored Vancouver 14-4 which included an 8 goal run to end the game. Next Game: @ Saskatchewan (1-0) Friday 8:30pm