Some teams are starting to pull away from the pack. The Bayhawks have made themselves clear as the top team, the Lizards are red hot and the Cannons continue to falter. Let’s take a look at the rankings for the week.
1. Chesapeake Bayhawks- If the Bayhawks had to prove themselves as an elite team, they did it this week with their win against the Boston Cannons. Their ability from the two point line and goaltending has carried them and it will be interesting to watch their progress.
2. Long Island Lizards- Is anyone hotter than the Lizards? They have now won five games in a row and continue to beat other very good lacrosse clubs. Their stock has skyrocketed.
3. Boston Cannons- I will say it again, what has happened to the Cannons? They are still getting good performances from their elite players, but they have now lost three of their last four games.
4. Denver Outlaws- Denver is an interesting team, winning some games they should and some games they shouldn’t. They ran into the hottest team in the league this week, so it is hard to fault them.
5. Rochester Rattlers- Rochester found a good win this week to snap their losing streak, defeating the struggling Hamilton Nationals, ans that was without Ned Crotty.
6. Hamilton Nationals- The Nationals lost another game, this time without Casey Powell due to suspension, in their disappointing thus far 2012 campaign.
7. Charlotte Hounds- It was good for Charlotte to get their second win of the season and their first ever road win, but the only team they have beaten all season is Ohio still.
8. Ohio Machine- The Machine cannot find a win right now, but they are just an expansion team. They will appreciate the all star break.