Once again the Toronto Rock have claimed the #1 spot in our INLACROSSEWETRUST.COM POWER RANKINGS. The Rock this past weekend clinched the Eastern Conference Regular Season Title and a win on Saturday over Philadelphia will give Toronto home floor throughout the NLL Playoffs. The top 4 teams have clinched a playoff berth.
Toronto Rock 10-5 Clinched NLL EAST with a 10-9 win over the Knighthawks. They can clinch best record which will give them home floor throughout playoffs with a win on the road at Philadelphia in their final regular season game.
2. Edmonton Rush 8-6 Continue to struggle at home (1-5) as they drop a crucial game to the Mammoth 9-7. Edmonton is now in a three way tie for first in the west. Two games remain for the Rush, both at home. Rochester comes to town for a Sunday afternoon matchup.
3. Washington Stealth 8-6 Big second half pushes the Stealth in a three-way tie for the west. Outscored Calgary 8-4 in second half. Final two games at home for Washington, Buffalo Bandits come to town Saturday night. Should be 9-6 after this week
4. Calgary Roughnecks 8-6 Another home loss (3-4), as they were doubled up 8-4 in the second half in their loss to the Stealth. Calgary now in a three way tie for first but hold tiebreaker over Edmonton/Washington. Rochester comes to town Saturday night as Calgary looks to even home record at 4-4
5 Rochester Knighthawks 6-7 Split weekend matchups. Big win over the Wings 14-7, giving them the tie-breaker over the Wings. In the second game, Hawks fell to the Rock 10-9 as they finish their season on the road with three more games. Next up, a back to back. Calgary Saturday night and then a Sunday afternoon matchup in Edmonton.
6. Colorado Mammoth 6-8 Huge win over the Rush brings them closer to clinching a playoff berth. Big home and home series to end the season with the Swarm. Swarm in town Saturday night.
7 Minnesota Swarm 6-8 Split weekend matchups. A sweep would of clinched a playoff berth. Saturday night another franchise record 21 goals in an embarrassing 21-7 win over the Bandits. Sunday against the Wings a tough 15-13 loss. Final two games against the Mammoth. Saturday Swarm fly into Colorado
8. Philadelphia Wings 6-8 Huge win Sunday over the Swarm 15-13 ending a six game losing streak. Wings end home schedule of regular season as Toronto comes to town for a Saturday afternoon National TV game. Wings win or Buffalo loss and they are in the playoffs.
9 Buffalo Bandits 5-9 An embarrassing 21-7 loss to the Swarm has basically put this team on life support. Bandits need to win out and get help to have a shot at the playoffs. Bandits travel to Washington for a game Saturday night. Could this be the final two games of John Tavares’ stellar career? It seems this could be the final two games of Daris Kilgour behind the Buffalo bench.
Hold on….only two weeks left in the regular season. Is having home floor really an advantage?? This season only two teams have a winning record at home.. Toronto 5-3 & Washington 4-2 (2 more games at home)
LW Team Record
2 (+1) Toronto Rock 10-5
1 (-1) Edmonton Rush 8-6
4 (+1) Washington Stealth 8-6
3 (-1) Calgary Roughnecks 8-6
5 Rochester Knighthawks 6-7
6 Colorado Mammoth 6-8
7 Minnesota Swarm 6-8
8 Philadelphia Wings 6-8
9 Buffalo Bandits 5-9