Week 6 did not disappoint. Three games decided by a total of 5 goals. Casey Powell returns and helps the Mammoth to a huge win. Edmonton stays undefeated. Bandits are for real, and the Stealth get bombed.
Power Rankings Week 6
(1) 1—Edmonton Rush (5-0) Defeated the Knighthawks in overtime 8-7 on a pretty goal by Mark Matthews. Aaron Bold was strong in net for the Rush. Edmonton travels to face the Wings Saturday night 7:30 pm.
(2) 2—Buffalo Bandits (5-1). Again the Bandits prove they are for real. Bandits had an up and back game with the Rock, and with the score tied at nine they went on a three-goal run in the final minutes to give coach Cordingley a victory over his old team. The Bandits will visit the Knighthawks in a rematch from two weeks ago. Face off on Saturday night 7:30 pm.
(3) 3—Rochester Knighthawks (3-2) Knighthawks traveled to Edmonton and fell in OT 8-7. It was a see-saw battle. Dan Dawson returned to score 2 G, 2 A. The Knighthawks host the Bandits in a rematch from two weeks ago. Face-off at 7:30 Saturday night.
(5) 4—Philadelphia Wings (3-3) Took advantage of a tired Stealth team and defeated them soundly 15-9. Kyle Buchanan four goals, Pat Saunders three goals led the way. Evan Kirk was solid in goal for the second straight game. The Wings will have back to back games, Friday at Toronto 7:30, then returning home to host Edmonton at 7:30 pm Saturday.
(6) 5—Calgary Roughnecks (2-3) Calgary was idle last week. They will travel to the twin cities to play a struggling Swarm team. Face off at 8 pm Saturday night.
(4) 6—Toronto Rock (2-3) Toronto split their weekend matchups. Fell behind early against the Stealth 6-3 after one quarter, but cruised after that for a 17-12 win. Traveled to Buffalo Saturday and fell 12-10 in a tightly contested game. Toronto will host the Wings Friday night 7:30 pm
(9) 7—Colorado Mammoth (3-5) Dillon Ward picks up another win in his rookie season. Casey Powell returns and registers 3 G, 6 A, Grant Jr., 3 G, 5 A as the offense seems to be clicking. Colorado visits the Stealth for a 10 pm start time Saturday night.
(8) 8—Minnesota Swarm (1-4) Fell 14-12 in a tough game against the Mammoth. Logan Schuss, Andrew Suitor, Jordan MacIntosh all with two goals, Callum Crawford registered four goals. Minnesota will look to get back on the winning track and get their first home win of the 2014 season as they host Calgary Saturday night 8 pm.
(7) 9—Vancouver Stealth (2-5) Came up on the short end both nights. They had a 6-3 lead after the first period Friday night until Toronto woke up and won 17-12. On Saturday night it looked as if they were still struggling as the Wings controlled the entire game as the Stealth were bombed 15-9. Stealth look to get back on track Saturday night as they host the Mammoth at 10 pm.