Week 7 : Top 3 remains the same. Edmonton still undefeated, Hawks get back on track, Bandits streak ends at five and the Mammoth with a spark from Casey Powell ride a two game winning streak. What will Week 8 hold….
NLL Power Rankings: Week 7
(last week: 1) 1 Edmonton Rush (6-0) Defeated the Wings 8-6 in a defensive battle. Aaron Bold kept the Wings’ top scorers invisible and the Rush defense never allowed the Wings to get on a run. Edmonton travels to St. Paul to face the Swarm 7 pm Saturday.
(2) 2 Buffalo Bandits (5-2) Five-game winning streak came to an end. Bandits fell 9-6 to the Knighthawks. Fell behind early and couldn’t recover. Bandits will host the Wings on Saturday night 7:30 pm.
(3) 3 Rochester Knighthawks (4-2) Knighthawks snapped their two-game losing streak by jumping out to a 5-0 lead and holding on to defeat the Bandits 9-6. Knighthawks will travel to face the Rock 7 pm Saturday night.
(6) 4 Toronto Rock (3-3) Toronto now riding a two game winning streak after a dominating 20-10 win over the Wings. Garrett Billings 6 G, 6 A led the way. Toronto will host the Knighthawks in a battle for second place Saturday night 7 pm.
(5) 5 Calgary Roughnecks (3-3) Calgary even their record with a 15-13 win over the Swarm. Calgary will look to build on the win as they host a Stealth team that has lost four-in-a-row on the back end of a back-to-back weekend on the road. Face-off at 9 pm Saturday night.
(7) 6 Colorado Mammoth (4-5) Dillon Ward seems to be cementing the starting job with another good outing as the Mammoth defeated the Stealth 10-9. It seems the return of Casey Powell has given the team a spark. Colorado will host the Stealth Friday night 9 pm.
(4) 7 Philadelphia Wings (3-5) Took it on the chin twice this weekend. An embarrassing 20-10 loss to the Rock on Friday night. Then a 8-6 loss to the undefeated Rush, where both defense’s played well but the Wings offense was invisible. Evan Kirk played well in defeat. Wings shuffle to Buffalo for the final meeting between the clubs Saturday 7:30 pm.
(9) 8 Vancouver Stealth (2-6) Have now lost five straight as they fell to the Mammoth 10-9 without superstar Rhys Duch, who was serving a one-game suspension. This weekend is very important as the Stealth play back-to-back games on the road. Friday at Colorado at 9 pm then travel to Calgary on Saturday for a 9 pm start.
(8) 9 Minnesota Swarm (1-5) Can not seem to get it together this season. Goals against were low in the beginning of the season and the offense wasn’t clicking. Now the offense is clicking, but the defense can not shut anyone down. Huge test this weekend as the undefeated Edmonton Rush come to town for a 7 pm start Saturday night.