Today is the NLL trade deadline, ending at 3pm. We will be updating this post, along with posts about each trade, to keep you caught up.
* Andrew Suitor traded from the Minnesota Swarm to the New England Black Wolves in exchange for Joel White and a 2017 second rounder. General manager Andy Arlotta has said changes need to be made, but the Swarm lose a fan favorite.
* The Vancouver Stealth added 2014 rookie of the year Logan Schuss in exchange for Johnny Powless, who had been rumored to be potentially moved.
*Edmonton Rush acquiring transition player Matthew Dinsdale from the Roughnecks in exchange for a conditional third-round pick in the 2015 NLL Entry Draft.
*The Rock have traded Garrett Billings to New England in exchange for Kevin Crowley. More to come..
* Garrett Billings offer sheet was matched by the Toronto Rock and he gets a two year deal with the team.
* Billings is likely to be traded, and so far we’ve heard New England and Vancouver as the main teams in contention. Vancouver has a lot of picks but aren’t the richest team in the league- however, Billings hometown is Langley, home of the Stealth. Meanwhile, New England has the money for him but it remains to be seen if they go for it all. They already added Suitor and some think that was a piece for Billings; if not and they got them both, they would certainly be in contention.
* Calgary wants a defenseman and the two names circulating right now are Alex Crepensek and Mitch Belisle.
* The Swarm aren’t done dealing, however, it has been noted that they would be interested in acquiring a goalie and/or trading one of theirs.
* Buffalo has been quiet, but there has been a lot of talk they are going to do something big. A few of their big names have been thrown around and they have been supposedly been talking to Calgary.