Protected Roster Evaluations: Rochester Rattlers

September 23, 2014

The 23-man protected roster was released recently and Rochester seems to be on the path to building off prior successes. The Rattlers slithered their way to Atlanta this past season to compete against the Outlaws, you took home their first championship. Rochester kept the heat on that game for the majority of it, but unfortunately fell short. From the Rattlers website, here is their protected roster: Mark Cockerton – Attack…

Read More >>

Protected Roster Evaluations: Denver Outlaws

September 21, 2014

Photo Credit: Di Miller On Friday September 19 the Denver Outlaws announced their 23 Man Protected Roster. As expected, they have locked in the majority of players who were keys to their success during the 2014 season as well as their play-off victory, MLL Championship and first ever Steinfeld Cup in 2014. The Outlaws have protected the following players: Attack—Chris Bocklet, Curtis Dickson, John Grant Jr., and Eric Law; Midfield—Jeremy…

Read More >>

New York Lizards Protected 23-Man Roster

September 20, 2014

The New York Lizards have announced their protected 23-man roster earlier this week. This past season, the Lizards rebounded from not being in the playoffs to pushing the eventual MLL Champion Denver Outlaws to an overtime thriler in the semifinal round. As they look ahead to 2015, here is a look at who they will definitely have on their roster heading into next season. Who didn’t make the cut: Steve…

Read More >>

11 Year MLL Veteran Ryan Boyle Retires

September 19, 2014

After 11 seasons in Major League Lacrosse, veteran Ryan Boyle has officially announced his retirement from the game this morning. “It has been a privilege and pleasure to compete in the MLL for the past eleven years. As an aspiring youth player, I never dreamed of having the opportunity to play lacrosse at the professional level. I want to thank all of the people that made that dream a reality,…

Read More >>

MLL Protected Rosters Announced

September 19, 2014

Major League Lacrosse (MLL), the premier professional outdoor lacrosse league, has announced the teams have submitted their 23-Man Protected Roster for 2015.  All players left unprotected will be entered in the player pool for the 2014 season. Each MLL team will have the opportunity to fill their 40-man rosters in the upcoming 2015 MLL Supplemental Draft, which will be held on December 17, 2014.  Teams will then have a chance to…

Read More >>

Stephen Berger Retires from MLL

September 19, 2014

Veteran midfielder and perennial All-Star Stephen Berger has announced that he is retiring from competitive play. Berger spent 11 seasons in MLL, most recently as a member of the Boston Cannons. “First of all I have to thank all my coaches and teammates for all they have done for me, allowing me to become the player that I am,” said Berger. “I would also like to thank the MLL for…

Read More >>

Greg Bice Retires from MLL

September 18, 2014

After 11 seasons in Major League Lacrosse, Machine defenseman and team captain Greg Bice has formally announced his retirement. “There were a lot of things that went into my decision, but the number one thing for me was my family,” Bice said. “My wife has always been really supportive throughout the years and would continue to be supportive moving forward. Having my son grow up, I want to make sure…

Read More >>

Are Rookies the Most Viable Options for MLL Teams?

September 13, 2014

The past two years have shown that rookies can make a huge impact for their teams. The 2013 Charlotte Hounds and the Rochester Rattlers this past season were stocked with rookie talent and both made it to the MLL Championship Game. Unfortunately, both teams placed second to veteran squads, but nonetheless, they still proved rookies don’t just sit the bench. 2013 Charlotte Hounds Rookies: Josh Hawkins (Loyola) – Jake Tripucka…

Read More >>

Preparing for the 2015 Major League Lacrosse Season

September 13, 2014

This past week I went one on one with Major League Lacrosse commissioner David Gross regarding the state of the league, expansion on the horizon, league rules and more. In doing so I wanted to bring a greater understanding for what the 2015 season should bring. On The MLL Game Balls For the first time in league history, Major League Lacrosse did not use their customized “grippy balls” that have…

Read More >>

Lee Zink Retires from Major League Lacrosse

September 9, 2014

Photo Credit: Di Miller It was announced on Tuesday September 9, 2014, that Denver Outlaws defenseman Lee Zink, an 11-year MLL veteran and two-time MLL Defensive Player of the Year, has informed the club of his intention to retire. The Connecticut native was drafted by the Baltimore Bayhawks in the first round (5th overall) of the 2004 Collegiate Draft out of the University of Maryland and came to Denver via…

Read More >>