- Staff NLL Week 11 Predictions
- Mammoth Add Jamie Shewchuk
- NCAA Preview: Stony Brook Up for a Tough Weekend
- NLL Week Eleven Stories: Rush, Roughnecks Look to Stay Hot
- NCAA: Yale Looks to Stay Undefeated, Takes On Fairfield
- No Added Pressure for Perfect Rush
- QSLL Announces 2014 Schedule
- Division III Weekend Viewing Guide, March 8-9
- Will the Mammoth Shut Down the Roughnecks Four-Game Winning Streak?
- Cobb County Lacrosse Classic to Host Orange v Red Storm
CLax: Toronto, Barrie and St. Catharines In
- Updated: October 3, 2012
The Canadian Lacrosse League has announced there will be three new teams for the 2013 season; Toronto, St. Catharines and Barrie.
The Toronto Shooting Stars are the former Oshawa Machine. The St. Catharines team is the former Peel Avengers and Barrie will be an expansion team. Rob Blasdell will be the head coach and GM of that team.
These teams will all have their own arenas, and Toronto will be playing at the old Maple Leaf Gardens, the original home of the Toronto Rock of the NLL.
The rest of the teams will remain in the league. The Durham Turf Dogs will now represent Oshawa, not Durham, and the Ohsweken Demons and Iroquois Ironmen will still both play in the same arena. The Brampton Inferno will also return for this season.
The season will kick off on January 12th when the Ironmen and Demons face off in a rematch of last season’s Championship.