Bandits Sign Tavares and Eight More

November 15, 2013

Buffalo Bandits General Manager Steve Dietrich announced today that the team has signed John Tavares and eight additional players all to one-year contracts for the 2014 season.   “I’m excited to be back for another season in ‘Bandit Land’,” Tavares said.  “After a disappointing season collectively and individually I am looking forward to helping the team get back to the top of the league.”   In addition to Tavares, the…

Read More >>

NLL Reaches Deal with NLL Officials

November 15, 2013

The National Lacrosse League (NLL) has reached a two-year agreement with the National Lacrosse League Officials’ Association (NLLOA). The association represents NLL on-field officials. The agreement covers the 2014 & 2015 seasons. “I believe NLL lacrosse is the most challenging sport in the world to officiate,” said Brian Lemon, NLL Vice President of Lacrosse Operations. “The speed of the game and action requires an incredible focus. We remain committed to…

Read More >>

Rush Sign Mark Matthews for Five Years

November 14, 2013

Edmonton Rush general manager and head coach Derek Keenan announced that the team has re-signed forward Mark Matthews to a five-year contract agreement. The first overall selection from the 2012 NLL Entry Draft  led the team in scoring and captured many league accolades during his rookie season including the 2013 NLL Rookie of the Year award.   Matthews led the Rush and finished fifth in the league with 38 goals…

Read More >>

MLL Releases Protected Rosters

November 12, 2013

Major League Lacrosse (MLL), the premier professional outdoor lacrosse league, has announced that each team has submitted its 23-Man Protected Roster for 2014.  All players left unprotected will be entered in the player pool for the 2014 season. Each MLL team will have the opportunity to fill their 40-man rosters in the upcoming 2014 MLL Supplemental Draft, which will be held on December 4, 2013, and the 2012 MLL Collegiate Draft…

Read More >>

Westervelt Signs with Mammoth

November 11, 2013

Drew Westervelt and Jarett Park have signed one-year deals with the Colorado Mammoth, pending league approval, and will be at training camp when it opens on Friday, the team announced today. The right-handers are two of just five Americans on a roster that is dominated by Canadians.   “Drew was our biggest off-season acquisition via trade – both literally and figuratively,” said Mammoth president & general manager Steve Govett. “I’m…

Read More >>

MLL Supplemental Draft On December 4th

November 9, 2013

Major League Lacrosse has announced that the 2014 Supplemental Draft will take place on Wednesday, December 4. Several players selected in last year’s Supplemental Draft went on to make significant contributions to their teams. MLL veteran Chris Schiller and Face Off specialist Tim Fallon helped the Charlotte Hounds reach their first playoff berth,  while Casey Powell was instrumental in the Chesapeake Bayhawks run to the 2013 Steinfeld Trophy. The League…

Read More >>

Knighthawks Sign Jimmy Purves

November 8, 2013

The Rochester Knighthawks secured one of the fastest, toughest players from the 2013 National Lacrosse League Championship team with the re-signing of Jimmy Purves to a two-year deal. Purves (pronounced PURR-viss) returns to the Knighthawks after raising his first Champion’s Cup in 2013. The farm boy from Sarnia, Ontario did everything he could to contain his excitement after winning his first professional title. “I was so excited I jumped off…

Read More >>

Canada Announces Roster for Montreal Game

November 6, 2013

Just a week after naming Dan Dawson, Sandy Chapman and Jordan Hall captains for the red and white, the Canadian Lacrosse Association (CLA) and Team Canada Lacrosse are pleased to announce the full Team Canada roster for the November 17 international exhibition game against the Iroquois Nationals. Headlining the roster are names familiar to Canadian lacrosse fans. Stephan LeBlanc, Matt Vinc, Brodie Merrill and Patrick Merrill will all wear the…

Read More >>

Rush sign Knight to a three year agreement

November 5, 2013

Edmonton, AB–Edmonton Rush General Manager and Head Coach Derek Keenan announced today that the team signed last season rookie forward Curtis Knight to  a three year  agreement, goalie Brodie MacDonald to a two year agreement, defenders John Lintz, Jeff Cornwall, Mitch Banister, forwards Dane Stevens, Alex Turner and goalie Dave Marrese to one year agreements.  Additionally the Rush have agreed to one year agreements with 2013 draft picks Ben Snider…

Read More >>

Mammoth Sign Jones for Five Years

November 4, 2013

Add former NLL Rookie of the Year Adam Jones to the list of those now under contract. The Colorado Mammoth announced today that it has signed the star left-hander to a five-year agreement (pending league approval), the longest-ever in franchise history.   “Adam’s already a star, and one of the best young talents in the National Lacrosse League,” said Mammoth president & general manager Steve Govett, who negotiated the deal….

Read More >>