Accursi to Join Knighthawks Front Office

The only player to win three championships with the Rochester Knighthawks, Mike Accursi, has accepted a position in the team’s front office. The 38-year-old forward stands as one of the best players in National Lacrosse League history. “Whatever role I am going to play with the team, I am going to give my heart and soul to the Knighthawks, Curt (Styres) and this organization,” said Accursi. “I would like to…

December 18, 2013
Read More >>

Wings Announce Roster Withot Rabil, Miller

The Philadelphia Wings of the National Lacrosse League (NLL) finalized the team’s official 20-man roster heading into the 2014 NLL season. The Wings also set three spots on their four-man practice squad. This season’s roster is highlighted by the Wings’ recent additions: Ryan Ward, Tracey Kelusky and Evan Kirk. Ward and Kelusky were signed in free agency. Kirk was acquired in an offseason trade involving the Minnesota Swarm and Colorado…

December 16, 2013
Read More >>

Mammoth Release Gavin Prout

The Colorado Mammoth announced today that the team has released former captain Gavin Prout. The 35-year-old forward played more than eight of his 12 NLL seasons with the Mammoth, but has not suited up this preseason given the constraints of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). Prior to camp, Prout was given the opportunity to sign a free-agent contract with any team in the league. “For years, Gavin Prout was…

December 16, 2013
Read More >>

Bandits Announce Roster; Williams, Tavares Return

December 16, 2013

As NLL teams continue to release their rosters for the 2014 season, the Buffalo Bandits released theirs and there were not many surprises. Buffalo Bandits General Manager Steve Dietrich today announced the team’s 20-man roster for the 2014 National Lacrosse League season. The Bandits return 16 players from their 2013 squad, including their top five scorers Shawn Williams, Aaron Wilson, Dhane Smith, John Tavares and Mark Steenhuis. Highlighting the four…

Read More >>

Cyclops Name Coaching Staff

The SouthWest Cyclops are pleased to announce Jeremy Tallevi as their General Manager and Head Coach for the 2014 Season.  Joining Tallevi behind the bench is former Niagara Lock Monster’s assistant Jesse Cracknell.  Finally, Wayne Paddick will join the team as Operations Manager.   The long-time Western Mustang Head Coach, Jeremy Tallevi has served 12 years with the Mustangs, making him one of CUFLA’s longest-serving coaches.  Aside from the Mustangs,…

December 14, 2013
Read More >>

Mike Hominuck Retires From NLL

Buffalo Bandits forward Mike Hominuck today announced his retirement from the National Lacrosse League. “I wish I could’ve played one more year, but it wasn’t in the cards and I’m happy going out a Bandit,” the 32-year old said.  “I will always be a supporter and continue cheering for the Black and Orange!” Hominuck played a total of three seasons and 22 games with the Bandits over his career, compiling…

December 13, 2013
Read More >>

Roughnecks Re-Sign Curtis Dickson

December 13, 2013

The Calgary Roughnecks today announced that the National Lacrosse League club has re-signed forward Curtis Dickson to a two-year contract and defenceman Scott Carnegie to a one-year deal, pending league approval. Dickson, a native of Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, recorded a team-leading 42 goals while adding 20 assists and collecting 50 loose balls in his third season with the Roughnecks last year.  The 25-year-old forward, selected by Calgary third overall…

Read More >>

TurfDogs Name New GM

The Durham TurfDogs are pleased to announce Dave Colbourne as their new General Manager for the 2014 Season.  The team would like to thank Jonas Derks for the work that he has done over the past two seasons.  They wish Jonas all the best in his future and his continued involvement with Oshawa Minor Lacrosse.   Dave Colbourne spent last season as Vice President/Assistant General Manager of the Niagara Lock Monsters…

December 12, 2013
Read More >>

Rock Release Roger Vyse, Mike Hobbins

December 12, 2013

Toronto Rock General Manager Terry Sanderson has announced the release of two more players from training camp.  Forward Roger Vyse and defenceman Mike Hobbins have been released. “Every decision in camp is incredibly difficult,” said Rock Head Coach John Lovell.  “We won a championship with Mike in 2011 here in Toronto and Roger came in last season and did a great job for us.  We thank them for their contributions to our success…

Read More >>

Lacrosse Radio Network to Become 24-Hour Station

The Lacrosse Radio Network is excited to announce it will become the first ever 24 hour radio network in the history of lacrosse. LRN will run programming non stop every day, all day long starting next Monday. The network was founded in 2010 and has become the ideal platform for listening to lacrosse content on the internet. It was the first all lacrosse radio station ever, and while others have…

December 11, 2013
Read More >>