Shamrocks Storm back in third to take game two 12-11

The Victoria Shamrocks and the Burnaby Lakers after a seven day break resumed their playoff series. The Shamrocks took the first game 12-8.

Dane Stevens kicked off the scoring in this game as he beat Matt Vinc down low to give Burnaby a 1-0 lead.  Victoria would tie this game on a goal from Scott Ranger which was followed by another quick marker from Jesse King giving the Shamrocks a 2-1 lead. Burnaby Would even the score on a goal from Jason Jones but Victoria would regain the lead quickly as  Matt Yager scored a minute later to give the Shamrocks the 3-2 lead. Burnaby’s offense would explode mid way through the first as Robert Church scored followed by two goals from Dane Stevens and a goal from Colton Clark giving the Lakers a 6-3 lead. With just under a minute left in the period Cory Conway would score for the Shamrocks to cut the lead to 6-4 as the first period ended.

In the second period Dan MacRae would score shorthanded just under two minutes into the second period to cut the lead to one.  Scott Jones would answer for Burnaby to restore their two goal lead and make the score 7-5. Victoria would once again have an answer as Jeff Shattler scored to make the score 7-6. Burnaby once again would restore their two goal lead as Justin Salt scored to make it 8-6.  Victoria would close out the period with a goal from Brody Eastwood to make the score 8-7. Burnaby would head into the locker room with an 8-7 lead.

The third period began quietly but at the seven minute mark Robert Church would score his second goal of the game to restore Burnaby’s two goal lead to make it 9-7. Victoria would answer back in a big way as Jeff Shattler sparked a five goal streak for Victoria to give the Shamrocks a 12-9 lead. Burnaby would pull their goalie lat in the period and Jason Jones along with Robert Church would score to cut the Shamrocks lead to one making the score 12-11. The Shamrocks would hold off the Lakers and take the game 12-11 to take a 2-0 series lead.